This is what happens when you swallow a light bulb and it goes the wrong way.

This is what happens when you swallow a light bulb and it goes the wrong way.

I am a caffeinated technomad.  I work, live and write from coffeehouses, the further afield, the better.  Systems architect, programmer, technical product owner. Clojure & Python are my favorite programming languages.

Before the light bulb incident.

Before the light bulb incident.

I’ve seen the Philip Glass ensemble perform in Hong Kong, and a month later rode a Russian motorcycle from Hanoi to Saigon. I’ve gone a month on a sailboat seeing nothing but dolphins and the Pacific. I’ve been to the symphony in Sydney after climbing a waterfall on Tasmania during a snowstorm. I’ve jumped fifty-foot waterfalls at midnight in Hawaii. I was in Berlin during the fall of The Wall.

We only live once. A cliche. So plain, simple and true, yet we live the days, weeks and months of our lives as if they’ll never run out. We construct religions to help us pretend the end isn’t on its way. If I were to check out tomorrow, I couldn’t complain. I’ve had a pretty good run.